Are contemporary apostles biblical?
Does the church need apostles today?
Dr. Ron Woodworth makes a compelling case for contemporary apostolic leadership. “The apostolic function is just as necessary in the local church as it is on the mission field.”
Beyond the original twelve apostles, the New Testament refers to apostolic functionaries. Since the New Testament mentions apostles seventy-nine times—both pre- and post-resurrection of Jesus—we would do well to not dismiss this vital gift to the church.
In this biblically-based and thorough analysis of the ministry of apostles, Ron Woodworth gives:
- A biblical description of apostolic ministry, character, and work.
- The need for apostolic ministry in the contemporary church
- A job description of apostolic ministry
- The characteristics and ministry function of apostolic work
- Steps for apostolic commissioning.
The mission of the church is to declare the kingdom with power, to build the church with grace, and to reach the nations with compassion. The dynamic role of apostolic leadership is central to successful missions and reaching the nations.
Additional practical ministry helps and leadership resources are included.
There are no reviews yet.