It is possible to set aside the things that have held us back—unforgiveness is a big one—and grow toward maturity in our Christian faith.
In a time when division runs rampant—even in the church—and believers shred each other publicly for differing opinions, one man bravely steps out to call Christians to unity in the One who binds them all together—Jesus Christ. Author Dr. James W. Walraven dares to suggest that Christians make wiser choices, forgive one another, and mature in their faith.
Walraven, author of Will God Save Everyone, doesn’t shy away from tough topics. He suggests that though doctrines diverge, rather than separate over differences, Christians rally around the truth of the gospel—believers should treat others better than themselves. In a me-first, turbulent culture, the biblical call to love one another is almost a radical concept, but Walraven is convinced unity can be achieved.
In One in Christ, readers will discover, among others,
- what biblical unity looks like as seen in the relationship of God the Father and God the Son;
- causes of strife and how to deal with discord;
- ways to cultivate intimacy with God and other believers;
- the basis for and call to Christian unity;
- how to recognize and resist false teaching;
- what it means to mature in Christ.
Written with strength through supporting Scriptures and other resources, yet with personal vulnerability, each chapter concludes with thought-provoking personal challenges designed to move believers closer to oneness in Christ.