When reading what Jesus said in Genesis, “And the two shall become one flesh,” most couples don’t think about living on one income—and neither did Nathan and Ginger Villa. Happily married, Nathan and Ginger enjoyed the luxury of living on two incomes—he in banking and she in cosmetology. They had everything they wanted.
But when Ginger gave birth to their firstborn daughter, she wanted more than anything to stay home with her baby. But when Nathan crunched the numbers, he discovered it was next to impossible. Until he set the numbers aside and allowed God to orchestrate the possible.
Living on one income in a dominating two-income world is daunting and downright scary for growing families. But Nathan and Ginger’s no-fail plan has sustained them for the past twelve years on one family income, which also gives them the gift of family time.
Whether you’re embarking on the intentional precipice of living on one family income or your family has experienced sudden reduced income, The Gift of One: A Biblical Guide to Living on One Family Income is a helpful resource that discusses
• how to weigh the risks and blessings of living on one income;
• how to consider what you’re spending versus what you’re saving;
• how to put together the family budget and timeless tips for grocery shopping;
• how to find savvy ways to pay the bills every time, every month;
• how to make more opportunities to spend time with family.
Join Nathan and Ginger as they share their personal thoughts and experiences, money-saving tips, and Scriptures that will empower you and your family to live joyfully on the gift of one income.